Thursday, February 4, 2016

spontaniety is good

This week has been flying by.  Every week flies by!  Time's moving too quickly.  Well... so much for my doing nothing yesterday.  I literally hit post on my blog, stating that I was doing nothing all day, when my phone rang.  Carol was driving up to Pocatello ID to visit Madi and said, "I wish you were coming with me!"  I said, "I do too"!  She said, "I'm turning around right now!"  And in the next ten minutes, I got ready, she picked me up and we were off to Idaho for a fun day, not getting back until 7:30 last night.  The kids were all going in different directions and Doug didn't get home until almost 9 from his meeting, so we all reconvened just in time for scriptures and family prayer.  All safe at home, together, that was all that mattered to me.

Carol and I visited on our drive about this and that and I had a question about some historical happening.  I asked her if she knew anything about it and she knew very little too, so I googled and we read it as we drove the 100 miles.  Very informative.  We met Madi, saw her cute new apartment, went to lunch at Butter Burrs and then they went to see Madi's daughter in school for 90 minutes.  I stayed at Madi's, made a few phone calls, leevated my foot for a while and fell asleep, not waking up until they opened the door.  We hit Costco and a few other stops, then had dinner at Chili's and headed home.

I took only one picture yesterday.  While at Liza's, she gave me a few of these nummy rice cakes that they get at St. George Costco.  She's teased me about them a few times since I've been home.  So, we found them yesterday at the Poky Costco and I had to take this picture and send it to her.  She wrote back immediately, "You're not REALLY buying all of those, are you!?!?"  I only bought two.  But, I don't have a Costco, so maybe I should have! It was a fun and unexpected day!

Today turned into one of those days too, so far.  I took the kids in to their ortho appointments this morning at 7:45, then breakfast at Kneaders and as I was dropping Zeej off at school, Carol called to ask if I wanted to make a Sonic run with her and Ann, which ended up being an all morning and early afternoon visit to their mom's home for cards and games.  It was a pleasant way to spend the day and again, a nice, unplanned and welcome surprise!  Tonight is Bunco night and Doug and I want to do something together in between if he gets home soon enough, which I'm not holding my breath for.  So much happening.  He has a YWA Activity tonight that I'll be missing tonight.  Sadness!  I love the activities and even more, the association with the kids!  But, I can't be in two places at once, so it is what it is tonight.

I'm going to try to squeeze in some hot tub time before I head to Bunco. If I don't soak, I don't sleep! This is one of those, "I'll sleep when I'm dead" weeks!  And I love it!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment