Friday, June 10, 2016

We've got mail!

So, as I mentioned, we snuck and delivered Quayd a "care package" with letters from all of us.  This afternoon, I was in our bedroom.  The girls were in an out of the front door and the back door, doing their thing.  I wasn't paying much attention because they were in and out so many times.  I heard the front door open and close and didn't think a thing about it.  A few minutes later, I received a text from the missionaries number, not even recognizing it until I read the text:  Hey, your son left you guys a letter on the table in the hallway.  


I leaped up and raced to the entryway and saw the letter sitting there.  I screamed, "Girls!  Girls!  Girls!"  They came running upstairs, "What's wrong!?"  I told them, "We got a letter from Quayd!!!"  I was so excited!  I knew that Doug was on his way home and asked how far away he was because we wanted to wait for him to get here before we read it together.  We opened it and saw that there were two!  One was for the girls and one for us.

Doug came home and we gathered out on the patio together to read the letters.  We read the girls' first.  We were laughing so hard.  His first sentence made me cry instantly:  I'm hecka enjoying myself!  and his first sentence in our letter:  I miss you too!  I LOVE that I have been given this opportunity!  He went on to tell us a few of his experiences, that he's "being fed like a king" and that he LOVES his companions.  "They're great!  I'm great!  Would you let me spend two weeks with them?  I'm hecka having a good time!"  (Hecka must be a new word?)  We laughed.  We cried.  Zeej reminded us that he's only a short distance away.  But, it was wonderful!

Tonight, Julie said, "Did you have a surprise visitor today?"  I said, "NOOOOO!  BUT, he left us a letter!"  She'd seen him sneak in and out.  So fun!  I'm so so happy that the experience has been so positive. He's fired up and ready to go!  We're thrilled!

Life is good!  And so is seeing your son grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment