Tuesday, June 14, 2016

this and that

Grace was up before our alarm went off on Monday morning because she was so excited for Laurel Training Camp.  This is a camp, similar to the Aaronic Priesthood Training Camp that Quayd attended last summer.  Only three girls from our ward will be there.  I'm guessing that there will be less than thirty girls there total.  She has been counting down the days and could not wait!  She'd been packed for two days. https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2356477577411050239#editor/target=post;postID=3849328699055832277 I had her climb back in bed with me after Doug went to work to try to get another hour or two of sleep before she needed to meet the other girls at the Stake Center. 


When I dropped her off, she was smiling from ear to ear and so very excited!  She kept saying, "Thank you!"  As if we would not have wanted her there!  We are thrilled for her enthusiasm!  It will be a wonderful experience.  Our stake Young Womens leaders are remarkable and they go all out for everything.  The girls will be spirtually fed, there will be amazing activities and great food.  I was asked to write Grace a letter two months ago.  They are very organized.  This is an event for girls who will be Seniors this coming school year and then next year, they return as leaders for the incoming Seniors.  I'm so thrilled for her!  I can't wait to hear all about it!

This morning, when I woke up, as I knelt to say my morning prayer and began to pray for my kids, it was the strangest feeling ever... five of the six of them are not at home right now!  Bless them all...wherever they are!  It was a real eye-opener!  Last night,

Speaking of kids being out of the home... I received a call today from a couple who'd fed the missionaries last night, Quayd being one of them.  This sister had called to let me know that she'd fed Quayd last night and that as soon as they were done with dinner, he jumped up and started helping with the dishes.  She said he had such wonderful manners and was so helpful.  "I told him, "You're mother raised you well."  WOW!  There's a call that every mother wants to receive!  He'll be home this weekend, but he is certainly learning a lot during this mini-mission.

Julie teases that she's seen him sneaking in and out of our home several times.  They've stopped her for potty breaks and to grab things that he's needed, using whatever door we are not near.  I think that he's really grown to love these two Elders.  We've visited with them a few times this week, and we are super impressed.  What a great experience for Quayd!

Today, I took a few minutes to write our next 34 days schedule on our chalkboard wall.  It's going to be a crazy month!  Life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment