Saturday, January 2, 2016

Grace is 17!



Grace is seventeen today!  She gets more and more beautiful every day... and she is focusing on being beautiful on the inside, as much as the outside!  She's working at a Pizza Restaurant, performing in Bella Voce singing group at school, loving her Junior Year and loves sporting her letterman jacket for music.  She's the president of her Laurel Class in Young Womens and loves reading, doing puzzles and writing. She loves mint anything...the color and the taste! She's helpful at home and work, loves hanging out with friends and has spent a lot of time doing just that this past year!  It's hard to imagine her being seventeen already!  She was just two and a half yesterday!


We love her smile, listening to her play piano, and mostly, we love to hear her sing.  She sings while she works, does dishes, all the time!  She's got a soft-spoken voice and a gentle disposition but don't cross her because she also can get fiesty when she needs to!  She loves learning and fashion and is serious about modesty!  She loves Seminary, family time and is adamant about traditions always being a part of our lives!  She is best friends with her siblings and would rather be with them than anyone else.  She's my helper and card partner.  We love you, Grace!  Happy Birthday!  Seventeen!  Say it isn't so!



Here's her birthday interview:
  •     If you could have one super-power, what would it be? '''Um, to read people's minds because sometimes you just look at a person and wonder, "What are you thinking?" and that way you wouldn't have to be confused.  In school, that would be helpful."



  •     What was the last chore you did?  Last chore?  I guess it was dishes.
  •     What's the last service you did?  I brought up the laundry yesterday for Quayd.
  •     What is your favorite song?  I don't have a favorite right now?
  •     What's the nicest thing you've done for someone in your family lately? I bought and brought home dinner for the family after work!  Firehouse Pizza!
  •     What makes you mad? being blamed for something I didn't do.
  •     Where would you like to go on vacation?  Hawaii or Paris!
  •     Who's the smartest person in your family?  Dad.
  •     How are you like Mom? We play cards games.  We like to wear pajamas!  We like to smile! 
  •     What's one word to describe Mom? Caring.
  •     How are you like Dad?   We like science and history and talk about it often.
  •     What's one word to describe Dad? Funny!

  •    What's one thing that Mom always says to you?  Make good choices.  
  •     What's one thing that you and Dad did together this year that you'll always remember?  Hiking at the ranch.
  •     If you had a million dollars, what's the first thing you'd buy?  College!


  •     How do you know that Mom and Dad love you? You care for me.  You love me.  You do extra things for me. **big grin**
  •     What's your favorite cereal? Fruity Pebbles
  •     What's your favorite TV show? Survivor, Drop Dead Diva and Once upon a Time still is a little bit..
  •     What's your favorite vegetable? Cucumbers but that's a fruit, so um, Cauliflower.
  •     What's your favorite game?  All games are my favorite!
  •     What's your favorite movie? Inside Out, I guess, and Jurrasic World
  •     What food would you eat every day if you could?  A salad!
  •   If you could choose a different name, what would it be?  Emily or Cleo.  Why?  They are soft names and they are sort of like Grace.
  •     What's the first thing you want to show your friends when they come to our home?  My room and the hot tub.
  •     What's the scariest thing you've done this year? Did I do anything scary this year?  Hmm.  Jumping off the third floor high jump at the Fear Factory!
  •     Is your room messy or clean?  Both.
  •      If you could eat at any restaurant for the rest of your life, where would it be?  Firehouse because of their salads or Chuckarama because it has so much variety.
  •     What's your favorite candy bar?  A hundred grand, a kitkat, symphony bars! 
  •  What's the last exciting thing you did? I think Ice Skating last week was really exciting for me.
  •     What's your nickname? Mouse and Gracie-Lou.
  •     What's the best age to be? 18 because you get to make a lot of decisions in your life that will be your key decisions.

  •     What do you and your siblings fight about?The bathroom. Yeah.
  •     What's your favorite thing about school? Being in Bella Voce!  (This photo was the pro shots taken of the entire group and the website has been closed, so I couldn't buy one or even look at them.  So, I'll share the proof.  oh well.)
  •     What's under your bed? Scrapbook paper and maybe a sock.
  •     What's your favorite holiday?  Christmas cuz it brings everyone together!
  •     What's the best thing about having siblings... They are easy and fun to talk to and they'll always be your best friend!

  •     What were your favorite memories of being sixteen? One of them would be getting my rose when I was accepted into Bella.  Going to Arizona was pretty nice.  Being Sweet 16 was pretty nice.  Moving... it was hard at first, but it's great now!  Making lots of new friends.  Going to dances!  That was nice!1
  •     What was the worse thing that happened while you were sixteen?  The worst thing?  Being in a relationship.  Seriously, that was hard.  I'm not doing that again for a while!  I'd rather just date lots of people, instead of just one.  (We're glad that only lasted a few weeks!)
  • What's the best thing?  Bella!
  •     What's one word to describe YOU?   Hmm.  Optimistic!
  •     What do you know at age 17? A lot more than I did when I was sixteen!  I know that you should listen to your parents because they've had more experience than you and they know what's best for you and want what's best for you so you should just listen to them.  Always try to be a better person that I am!


  • Is there anything else you want to say? Hmm.  long pause.  lots of thought.  Last year, I felt like I should be a grown-up because I was sixteen. This year, I just want to be seventeen and stay seventeen and make every minute count!  This year, I want to finish my YW goals.  I want to look optimistically on everything and be positive about everything!  I want to be healthy this year and make good grades, make more friends, be more involved.  Those are my goals.

Grace has really matured this year and is growing into such a lovely young woman with great values and goals!  We're so proud of her!  For her birthday, we're celebrating with Hans Solo!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRACE!  WE LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment