Thursday, September 24, 2015

Ten...

It's been a while since I've done a ten list...and the first time in the new site... we'll see how it goes.

Ten things I'm excited about right now:


  1. Carol comes home from"our trip" to Arizona tomorrow!!
  2. LDS General Conference is just a week away!
  3. The LDS General Womens Broadcast is in two days! I'm excited for a girls' night out with ZJ and hopefully, Grace, if she gets the night off!
  4. The movie, "Everest" comes out tomorrow!  Can. NOT. Wait!
  5. The new season of "Survivor" begins tonight.  We've not watched live tv, other than the news, since it's Finale last spring.
  6. The leaves are turning! The canyon is splendid!  We need to take a drive and get some pix!
  7. We are planning a trip to visit Liza's and fam!
  8. We're making chow-chow this weekend!  It will be interesting to start canning in a new kitchen!
  9. I'm anxious to watch Aylabelle watch the Ball in the new Cinderella movie this weekend!  She's loving all things "Princess" right now!  What a gift Facetime is in our lives!
  10. I've been really looking into different planners and organizing systems... I want to try something new this next year.  There's a lot of them out there and that was news to me since I've been such a faithful Franklin Planner fan for decades!
Nine things that make me happy these days!

  1. General Conference
  2. cooler weather
  3. hottubbing in the cooker weather
  4. Facetiming with Aylabelle
  5. the Young Single Adult Ward activities
  6. decorating for fall
  7. Soup
  8. Our fireplace
  9. Doug's new schedule!
 Eight things happening in my kitchen:

  1. chowchow!
  2. homemade bread
  3. catalina chicken
  4. almond joy cookies
  5. taco soup
  6. chicken noodle soup
  7. waffles
  8. a "must-goes" recipe from Liza
Seven people I've been spending time with and loving it!

  1. Doug
  2. Carol
  3. Denise
  4.  Mary Ann
  5. Aylabelle and Liza (on Facetime)
  6. Carol's mother, Mary
  7. my girls
Six things we're doing this weekend:  (there's no school tomorrow, so we have a long one!)

  1. Seeing Everest!
  2. Going to the LDS Womens Broadcast
  3. making chow-chow!
  4. Going to the YSA ward as a family
  5. Taking a drive up the canyon to see the changing leaves and take some pix
  6.  Going to a fun Bridal Shower!
Five things I've been up to:

  1. Creating Fall banners and a wedding banner
  2. Reading a lot
  3. Creating a new journal
  4.  decorating and moving furniture (well... directing furniture moving)
  5.  Making lists and more lists for the holidays
Four words I'm feeling right now:

  1. content
  2. hopeful
  3. excited
  4. blessed

 Three things in the news today:
  1. Elder Richard G. Scott, one of the members of the Quorum of the Twelve, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, has passed away this week.
  2. Watching the news this morning about the visit of the Pope to America.  How exciting for the members of the Catholic Church! I can not imagine the security involved...the Pope and the President in the same spot.  WOW! 
  3. The Race for President is huge news right now. It looks like Hilary Clinton is heading toward the White House on the Democrat ticket, but the Republicans are a mess!  The Republicans have got to get it together!  Donald Trump?  Seriously?  An ego is not what America needs!  Oh, this will be an interest race, but why does it have to begin so soon!  We're barely relaxing after the last election!

Two things on my mind:

  1.  ZJ stayed home today for an eye doctor appointment.  She's been having the worst headaches and her eyes hurt all the time.  We're praying for some answers.  She has an astigmatism and will be getting some cute new glasses.  Contacts won't help, dangit.  We made a day of it with lunch and a drive up Logan Canyon to see how much the leaves turning!  There's no school tomorrow, so she got an extra long weekend!  It was a special day.
  2. Three members of the Quorum of the  Twelve have passed away in the past few months. General Conference is next weekend.  The members of the church anxiously await announcement of three new General Leaders of the Church!  Exciting times!
One thing I'm thankful for today:

  1. I know that I say it all the time, but today, again, I'm thankful for our new home.  ZJ told me, as we were driving up the canyon today, that she is really thankful for our move to our new home.  She shared her reasons, which were personal, but they were good reasons and it was a good thing to hear.  I'm so grateful for our lovely home, in our wonderful new ward, with wonderful new neighbors and friends!  I still love the old, but I'm thankful for the changes in our lives since the move!


No comments:

Post a Comment