Friday, September 18, 2015

first fire, homecoming, movies, and other stuff

It was such beautiful morning in Cache Valley!  The sun was shining, the sky as blue as can be, a chill in the air and the furnace running!  Perfect September morning!  Then, in the afternoon, windows open, tempted to turn on the AC.  Yagottaluv Cache Valley anytime of the year!

I was up bright and early this morning doing paperwork, and thinking about the weekend.  It's an exciting weekend for Grace, her first school semi-formal dance.  She's slightly happy about it!  I'm slightly happy to see her so happy!

Last night, ZJ and I were home alone and we were cold!  So, we built a fire.  On our own.  Without Doug's help.  ZJ started building it like a campfire but we quickly learned that in a fireplace, that only makes for a smoky room.  I remembered the "secret" to the fireplace, told to us by sweet Brother N. and held a flaming newspaper up the flu and built a big fire from the bottom, voila!  We were toasty warm, sipping hot cocoa and loving life for the rest of the night! 


Last night, ZJ and I were home alone and we were cold!  So, we built a fire.  On our own.  Without Doug's help.  ZJ started building it like a campfire but we quickly learned that in a fireplace, that only makes for a smoky room.  I remembered the "secret" to the fireplace, told to us by sweet Brother N. and held a flaming newspaper up the flu and built a big fire from the bottom, voila!  We were toasty warm, sipping hot cocoa and loving life for the rest of the night! 


Seriously, I can not think of anyplace I'd rather be than right here in front of this fire!  It was a lovely night.  As the kids and Doug came in for the night, we all gathered around.  Quayd had been moving shopping carts all night in the cold.  He took off his shirt and sat right close with his back to the fire.  Grace was on the floor near him.  ZJ and I had been lying on the floor warming out feet.  Life is good!  VERY VERY GOOD!  We are so blessed!

Today is Doug's last official "weekday off"!  He begins the new schedule next week.  Our entire world will now change as we will all be going to bed at a decent bedtime at the same time, waking at the same time, having breakfast again... there are so many differences all because Doug's not getting up in the middle of the night to go to work anymore!  Lovely!!!



Doug and I enjoyed our last afternoon together having lunch at Texas Roadhouse, then running a few errands together, getting a few last minute things for the YSA Home Evening and he went off to the matinee of the new Maze Runner movie with Quayd for a dad/son activity.  Quayd has been counting the days for this movie to begin!   The girls and I spent the afternoon watching Cinderella, the newest movie in our library.  Seriously, if you have a female in the home, this is a must own movie.  It has such a sweet message and it's just a fun watch.  The ball is one of the most fabulous scenes I've ever seen created.  LOVE IT!!!

Carol left for Arizona today and we chatted on the phone while she drove to the airport.  When she got on the plane, she sent me a picture of the empty seat next to her with the text, "Your seat. :("  Deep sigh.  BUT, I do need to be home this weekend... Grace's first big dance, our first Linger Longer dinner on Sunday with the YSA and a huge Home Evening activity on Monday.  I am where I belong this weekend!  Like I told Carol, when all that's over, I'll be whining, "I want to go to Arizona!"  Being a wife and mom trumps playing this week.  It's all good!

Grace went to the game.  We won!  Bedtime and we are ready to call it a day!  A great day!  Life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment