Tuesday, March 8, 2016

ramblings

This morning... a bunch of rambling thoughts...

Oh please let November get here quickly and please let someone worth voting for emerge before then!  I can't stand the negativity on the news every single day.  And on Social Media... I won't even go there! Just sayin'.

What a quiet Monday.  Other than running something up to Grace at school and a quick stop at Sonic on my way home, my day was spent at home doing laundry and at my desk. 

I keep forgetting to record this.  A few weeks ago, we had some YSA kids for dinner.  I had to laugh so hard.  They were looking at my Bose Dock with my iPod on it.  One of the kids pointed it out to another one and said, "Oh my heck!  That's so vintage!"  It's five years old!  That's vintage, for sure!  Too funny!


Our tabletalk questions from the Siblings Dinner... not so deep this time... just fun questions about spring and the THREE was for the Third month, which we were celebrating.

Name three places you’d love to go for an all expense paid spring break.
What are three questions you like ask to start a good conversation?
What’s the worst April Fools Joke ever played on you?
If you could only eat three things for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Name your three favorite things about spring.
Name three people who’ve made a huge impact on your life.
Name three things that instantly cheer you up no matter what.
Name three about spring that you long for in the dead of winter.
Name three of your childhood memories that took place in the spring.
If you were spring cleaning today, what’s the first three things you’d get rid of?
What are three things you love to do on a rainy day?
What are three things you are most proud of, besides your kids?
What are three things you’d like to be written in your obituary?
What are three things you wish for in your future?
What are three things that inspire you?
What are three of your favorite songs of all time?
What are three of your favorite movies of all time?
What are three spring traditions you have?
What are three of your pet peeves?
Who are three of your favorite musicians/bands/groups/performers?
What are three things you love about your current church calling?
What are three things you like to do when you are alone?
What are three things that you are currently reading?
What are three compliments you receive often or regularly?
What are three things you do every day or your day wouldn’t be complete?

And our menu included this tasty chicken meal.  And I do mean tasty!

6 chicken breasts
3 cans diced tomatoes (I used the ones with the mexican flavorings)
about 1 cup of brown sugar
half a bunch of cilantro (chopped)  (I used a whole bunch)
Salt and LOTS of Pepper

Put the chicken into the crock pot on low until fully cooked.  Then shred it with a fork.  Serve it with:

Cooked rice
shredded cheese
green onions
olives
fritos
guacamole or avocado
shredded cheese
ranch dressing with more cilantro added
dark green leafy lettuce
fresh lime slices to squeeze over the top

This was such a simple meal but a total hit!  I think I'll be serving it for our next YSA dinner!  I chopped and sauteed peppers, garlic and onions and made fajitas out of the leftovers.  WOW!!  Definitely a keeper!

It's such beautiful spring Tuesday morning! I noticed out my back window today, on the north side of our home, that the snow is almost completely gone. The squirrels are entertaining us every day again.  It's spring... even though we got an inch of snow yesterday, it was gone by noon.  Love it! I'm speaking in Sacrament Meeting this Sunday, so my today, I'll spend some time preparing my talk before our first Young Womens Activity.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment