Tuesday, December 15, 2015

magical morning!

I'm riding with Carol to the airport this morning to pick up her son, who's home from the navy for the holidays.  We've had quite a beautiful storm, but from the news reports, Salt Lake City all but shut down yesterday afternoon.  So, it could be a not so pleasant drive.  It's still snowing in SLC till around 11, which is when his plane arrives.  Then a break and more tomorrow.  I LOVE this snow.  Here's a few shots from my yard today.  It's so lovely!  Here's my view from the hot tub!  Who wouldn't want to be outside in this morning, noon and night!?

 

looking east


I'm being teased and blamed for this storm and I take full responsibility!  I LOVE IT!  However, there were over 300 accidents yesterday along the Wasatch Front, so I'm not happy for one single incident like that.  This is beautiful, stay at home, watch it snow weather.  Sadly, people have to travel, go to work, and get around in it.  I should run for president and initiate "Snow days" everytime we get an inch!  That's a better platform than many out there, right?

I only have a few minutes before Carol gets here...

My new simple potato soup discovery... it's a wowser!

 Creamy Potato Soup

4 lg. baked potatoes (I used Idaho spuds that are each about the size of my foot)
3/4 c. butter
3/4 c. flour
7 c. milk, whole or 2%
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4-8 green onions, chopped
12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. (8 oz.) sour cream

 Cut baked potatoes into tiny bite size pieces. Melt butter in large pot. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened, and bubbly.Stir in potato, salt, pepper, and onion, bacon and cheese.  Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream.  Garnish with more bacon or onions or cheese or all of the above.

Each year, I look forward to receiving a handmade Christmas card from my friend, Susan, in Ohio.  She's pretty amazing with paper!  Here's this year's card.  I love it!


I'm back from SLC.  The weather was perfect and beautiful until we hit the canyon coming home.  Even then, aside from wet roads, it was a beautiful drive.  As we were driving down the hill from our home, this beautiful sight, one of my favorite things about living in our new home, took my breath away.  Carol slowed down and I was able to snap this photo with my i-Phone.  Oh, to have had twenty minutes and my Canon!  But, the sight was spectacular!  I love this valley!  I love this view!  I love winter!  I love storms!  I am blessed!  Life is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment