Monday, April 4, 2016

Creamy Potato Soup

This tasty potato soup has been a hit each time I've made it this winter!  I found the recipe, where else, but on Pinterest, while looking for a soup recipe without heavy cream.   Super simple and it has ingredients that we usually have in stock!  Try it!  You'll love it!



4 lg. baked potatoes (I used Idaho spuds that are each about the size of my foot)
3/4 c. butter
3/4 c. flour
7 c. milk, whole or 2%
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4-8 green onions, chopped
12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c. (8 oz.) sour cream

 Cut baked potatoes into tiny bite size pieces. Melt butter in large pot. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened, and bubbly.Stir in potato, salt, pepper, and onion, bacon and cheese.  Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream.  Garnish with more bacon or onions or cheese or all of the above

2 comments:

  1. It's so yummy! And I make the roux, then put it all together in the crock pot. It can simmer there while we're at the studio and be ready when we get home. Perfect for the wintry spring week we are having in northern Virginia right now! -Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love easy and I love potato soup! Thanks for sharing! Amy Franklin

    ReplyDelete