Friday, April 22, 2016

turkey?

Last night, Doug and I walked outside and I said, "WHAT is THAT!?"  There was huge bird across the street by our neighbor's front door.  I totally thought it was a peacock, hiding on their porch. Doug grabbed my camera and as I approached, Doug said, "That's a turkey!  A wild turkey!"  About that time, she noticed us and flew up into the tree beside our next door neighbor's home.  I've seen a lot of deer in our neighborhood and a few Sundays ago, there was a moose a few doors down, but a wild turkey was something new.  And the crows that we have...huuuuuuge crows.  I've never seen anything like them.  AND... I didn't know that turkeys could fly like that!  Wow!  

She flew into the tree and stayed there for over an hour before we lost interest.  The crows, however, were just as curious as could be.  There were at least twenty of them just hovering around her and bawking at her.  I don't know if she stayed in the tree because of the humans or the crows, but she was definitely feeling and acting vulnerable.  What a wonderful world we live in.

 
I thought surely she would leave as I approached the tree, but she stuck around even then.


It's spring, indeed.  The weather has been so lovely.  Trees are budding, flowers blooming.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment