Thursday, February 2, 2017

and so it begins

Tomorrow, I will begin my physical therapy.  it has been six weeks since my fall.  I have to say that this has been the longest six weeks of my life!  thankfully, friends and family have been here and in thought and deed!  I am blessed!  I am also not a great leftie!

a few ramblings today:

I have now officially seen more tv than a person shouldin  a lifetime!  I have watched a ton, and I mean a ton on Netflix.  Old movies, movies that I love, series after series, documentary after documentary.  I've been so excited to read but I can't stay awake long enough to read a chapter of anything.  Frustrating.  But, ask me about the 80s, about being a midwife, about Bones, about sharks or whales or bears or strange and unusal deaths! ha!

I'm thankful for the stack of books that I do have to read...when I am more alert and not confined to this recliner!

We are getting out taxes done today. This is probably my least favorite thing to do in life!  I don't know why.  I like Ken, our CPA.  He does a great job.  We usually get a refund.  I have all the paperwork together as it comes in and it takes very little effort on my part but I hate it!  Ken teases me about it every year.  So, today, I'm going to go in and not say one negative word about the whole process.  I'm sure that he'll notice.

I took Grace into the doctor this morning.  Well, Carol took us in.  She will be having an endoscopy in a few weeks.  we drove her to school and talked about going to lunch on the way home.  by the time we'd driven to the school, I asked Carol if she minded just drving through a fast food place and getting me back home.  As much as I want to be back to life, my body is in control, not my mind.

I went to the doctor last night and I cried for an hour after the exam.  He moved my arm more than its' been moved yet.  He poke and pushed harder than anyone has.  He is wonderful, and he was just doing what he needed to but it hurt!  I'm still hurting. Thankfully, even after my mishap last week, he says it's looking good.  I just pulled muscles that weren't ready to be stretched like that yet.  Have I mentioned that I'm not looking forward to physical therapy.  Carol teased, "Not for one whole block."

Quayd was busy and on the run this week.  His letter said that he'd received my letter and package, he likes his new companion, he misses his old one and he is working hard. The end.  Less than five sentences.  I no likee that.  But, he's busy and hanging in there!

That's all.  It's taken hours to get this much written, but I am determined to get back to life asap!  I am blessed.  I want to say that I am overwhelmed with gratitude for this good husband of mine.  He has always been amazingly wonderful to me.  But, seriously.  He is so attentive to my every need and desire through this challenge.  I think that I have fallen in love with him all over again!  I could not appreciate him more!

No comments:

Post a Comment