Sunday, October 9, 2016

St. George Road Trip!

Buddy had a business trip in Hawaii and Liza asked me months ago if I would come and spend some time with them while he was away.  Carol and I had said months ago that we'd go back to St. George together for my birthday.  Things fell into place that we were able to go for mine and Aylabelle's birthday at the same time that Buddy was away.  HAPPINESS!!! GIRLS NIGHT OUT times FIVE!

We left Wednesday morning first thing and took our merry time getting there.   Lots of stops for Diet Coke, potty breaks, IKEA and treats.  It was a fun and fast drive down.  We had a blast with Liza and Aylabelle!  Here's a few pix of the week!  I brought my computer with me and never even turned it on... we were too busy playing and having fun!




Totally in no random order...  This is the birthday cake the ZJ had made for me to return home too.  She not only made the cake, she made up the recipe!  It was a hot cocoa cake instead of a chocolate cake... and as is obvious, pretzels, pecans, sugar topping and two layers of cake.  WOWSWER!


Mom had us out for lunch one afternoon.  We went had a fun visit!
 

On our last night, we went to dinner at Red Lobster.  Liza had never been.  Aylabelle loved it!  I love this picture of my girls!  Liza's pregnancy is going well.  I'm still trying to adjust to the thought of having three girls to visit in St. George instead of two!


We had to make a quick stop at Taipan in St. George.  It's about twice the size of the Logan store.  After that night on the town, we went home and I taste tested some Ginger drink and discovered that I am extremely allergic to Ginger!  I never knew it but I'll refrain from now on for sure!  I had instant hives and had I not had a prescription antihistamine, I may have made a little trip to the ER.  I think it might be time for me to invest in an Eppi-Pen.  YIKES!!!
 

On the way down, Carol and I were very blessed to miss a four hour traffic nightmare.  Apparently, a semi truck rolled over on I-15, spilling nitrate all over the highway.  We were just behind the rollover and able to get off the freeway quite quickly.  Within moments, we learned that, not only did they shut down the 15, they also shut down the 215, which is the beltway that runs east and west.  For four hours, Salt Lake City was at a stand still.  We were able to breeze off the freeway, being at the front of the mess and took State Street all the way down to IKEA, shopped and were to St. George before the traffic opened up!  We did, however, take the wrong on-ramp in Spanish Fork and ended up heading north instead of South after a Sonic stop.  That put us behind about ten minutes, but it wasn't four hours!!

I bought Aylabelle a few gifts for her birthday, but her favorite was this little elephant game where butterflies fly out of it's trunk and you try to catch them in nets.  She loved it!  I'm glad that Liza is as patient as she is because they've spent a LOT of time catching butterflies this week!
 

She requested cheesecake for her birthday cake.  In her words, "Cheesecake is very important."  She's so right!  Her hair was in the most darling french braids all day, but after chasing butterflies for an hour, her hair turned into a hot, curly mess before cake!
 
  Have I mentioned how much I adore this daughter of mine?!

 We arrived the night before Buddy left for Hawaii.  They treated us to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday dinner.  I was thrilled but refused to ride on the saddle!
 However, since Aylabelle's birthday was the next day, she took a turn and thought it was pretty sweet!

 It was a great vacation, but... I have to admit... after five days at Bear Lake last week and five days in St. George this week, I was ready to see my sweetheart and my girls!  They had everything clean and wonderful when I arrived home. We enjoyed a quiet Sunday evening together and my own bed, next to Doug, felt great!  I slept like a baby!

As much fun as it is to play games, drink cokes, visit loved ones and take road trips, I always am thankful to be home with my family.  Life is good!


2 comments: