Tuesday, October 4, 2016

birthday interview... my first

Someone said to me recently that I never do my own birthday interview.  So, this year, I thought I would.

Here's her birthday interview:

  •     If you could have one super-power, what would it be? To change people's hearts
  •     What was the last chore you did?  Last chore?  Several loads of laundry, after our fun Bear Lake trip!
  •     What's the last service you did?  I took a loaf of fresh homemade bread over to Layne and Julie last night.  I did laundry today. 
  •     What is your favorite song?  Forever, it's been "Blessed" by Martina McBride.
  •     What's the nicest thing you've done for someone in your family lately?  I would have to say that my letters to Quayd are probably the most appreciated thing that I do as a Mom these days.  Doug is always appreciative of the things that I do for him on a daily basis.  But, writing Quayd is "nice"?
  •     What makes you mad? Disrespect and people that are not kind to my kiddos!
  •     Where would you like to go on vacation? NYC.  NYC.  NYC.
  •     Who's the smartest person in your family?  Doug, by far!
  •     How are you like your Mom? Other than physical traits, I don't think we are very much alike.
  •     What's one word to describe me?  Right this moment, "COLD!"
  •     How are you like Dad?   I look like a lot like my dad.  We both have the gift of gab. Hmm... I kind of fell far from the tree. 



  •    What's one thing that I always say?  Make good choices. Be gooooooood!  Love you BIG!  Oh, Beans!!  Diet Coke, please?!
  •     What's one thing that we did together this year that you'll always remember? Helping Quayd prepare for and then sending him off on his mission.
  •     If you had a million dollars, what's the first thing you'd buy?  I'd pay off our new home and then fly straight to NYC!
  •     How do I know that Doug loves me? He treats me like a queen!  From footrubs to Diet Coke to even playing games when I know he hates to!
  •     What's your favorite cereal? Frosted Mini-Wheats or Honey Bunches of Oats
  •     What's your favorite TV show? Survivor and Dancing With the Stars
  •     What's your favorite vegetable? Mushrooms! Sweet Potatoes.
  •     What's your favorite game?  The one I'm playing.  I LOVE playing games!
  •     What's your favorite movie? The Holiday, French Kiss, Sleepless in Seattle, While You were Sleeping
  •     What food would you eat every day if you could?  Cream Cheese on ANYTHING.  Cheeseballs!  Cheese cake!  In Casseroles!  On Sandwiches!
  •   If you could choose a different name, what would it be? I love my name!
  •     What's the first thing you want to show your friends when they come to our home?  The den and the latest family pictures
  •     What's the scariest thing you've done this year? Sending Quayd off on his mission!
  •     Is your room messy or clean?  Always clean.  Very clean.  Or I get cranky!
  •      If you could eat at any restaurant for the rest of your life, where would it be? Elements!
  •     What's your favorite candy bar?  Symphony Bars with almonds! But, my favorite candy is chocolate covered orange sticks.  I love Buttered Popcorn Jelly Bellys!  It would be hard to choose between the two!
  •  What's the last exciting thing you did? Emailing with Quayd yesterday (and every Monday) was HAPPY EXCITING!  Decorating my home for fall and redoing the entryway was exciting to me.  Sending Quayd on his mission was one of the most exciting things of my life!
  •     What's your nickname? Doug calls me "Babe".  Grace calls me "Ma".  Zeej and Liza call me "Ofee".  Carol and her fam, Alan and Jill and their kids call me "Soph or Aunt Soph".  The YSA kids call me Sister C.  My favorite name is probably Babe, followed by Mom.
  •     What's the best age to be? The one you are, because you can't change it anyway.  But, I think that 35-45 was pretty awesome.  50 was favorite year.
  •     What do you and Doug fight about?  We don't fight.  When we disagree, we usually just say what we think and move on.  When you've been in love 40 years, there's not much left to fight about.
  •     What's your favorite thing about life right now? Being a missionary mom is great.  Watching the girls grow up is great!   Being a grammie is great!  I love our home so much.  I love the YSA so much.  Life is pretty good.
  •     What's under your bed?   Usually Zulu.
  •     What's your favorite holiday?  Christmas is wonderful.  I love the fourth of July.  But, Thanksgiving is the best!
  •     What's the best thing about having kids...They keep me on my toes and make me want to be better every day!
  •     What were your favorite memories of this past year? Quayd's mission farewell.  Absolutely.  We felt so much love and support for him! Visits with Liza and her family.  Learning that she's having another baby!  A few experiences with our closest circle of friends... getting to know Trish and Dave better, time with Jim and Kristy, spending time with Alan and Jill, lunches with friend Mary Ann, ANYtime with Carol.
  •     What was the worse thing that happened this year?  My "chili's foot" still hasn't gotten better. 
  • What's the best thing?  Going through the temple with Quayd and seeing him off on his mission... although it was one of the hardest things I've ever dreamed too!
  •     What's one word to describe YOU?  Happy!
  •     What do you know at age 58? I know that the gospel of Christ is the most important thing in my life.  I know that nothing matters as much as Doug and my six kids!  I know that harboring ill feelings doesn't ever help any situation.  I know to "let it go" and move on!  I know that those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.  I know that I married the perfect man for me and that life's to short to sweat the small stuff, so we need to make every moment count.
  • Is there anything else you want to say?  Taking the birthday survey is harder than I thought!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment