Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I love these men!

I am so thrilled to hear the announcement of the new First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!  President Russell M. Nelson is such a kind and sweet and gentle man.  You can always feel his love of the people and of our Savior whenever he speaks.  President Dallin H. Oaks and President Henry B. Eyring are also tremendous examples of faithfulness and service.  I adore these men and am very excited for the future of the church!

If you have ever wondered how this process occurs, there was a perfect explanation today.  It makes so much sense and bought clarity to anyone with a question.  They have lived wonderful lives and have been prepared through their life experiences for years and years and years.  I was fascinated to know that President Nelson was not baptized until he was sixteen and that it was by his own choice and desire.  I was also impressed by the fact that he was skiing last winter, in his 93rd year!  This will be a wonderful new leadership for the church. 


I would be lying if I did not say that I was sad to know that we won't get to hear from President Uchtdoft as often as we have for this past several years.  That man radiates light and joy and love, which I have always expressed my appreciation for everything about his joyful countenance.  If I were choosing who I wanted to hear speak at almost every meeting, Elder Uchtdorf would be at the top of my list, along with Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.  What great men!  And as President Nelson said, "How do you choose among such great men!?"  I loved the explanation of how our church's process for who will be the next president of the church... no campaigning, no aspiring.  These men are truly called of God, decades before this happens.

I also felt a deep sadness and reality hit that President Monson is really gone.  Even through his funeral, it felt over and over as though we would hear from him at our next General Conference.  But, today, reality struck.  He is gone from this earth.  We will see new change and a prominsing bright future will continue for the church throughout the world.  I will await anxiously for General Conference in April to see who it is that the Lord calls to fill the two empty seats in the Quorum of the Twelve.  Oh how I do love this church and even more, how I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment