Thursday, March 15, 2018

life

I really and truly haven't got much to blog about.  Here's an average day in my life...

I wake up at 5:30 with Doug.  Some mornings, I get up and read.  Others, I roll back over and listen to him while he's in the kitchen making his blender drink.  I doze in and out until 7 when ZJ comes up to let Zulu out and then I do my makeup while she does my hair (every other morning). (Will I ever be able to do my own hair again?!)  Usually, by 8:30, I'm dressed and my morning house routine is done and I'm free for breakfast or a Sonic run.  If I have appointments in the morning, I do Relief Society visits.  Usually, if I have one appointment, I manage to drop by and visit someone else randomly.  Lunch at 11 and an afternoon of more visits on most days.  Somewhere in there, I prepare dinner and have it ready for Doug when he gets home from work.  Evenings are filled with meetings, visits and some nights, a date with Doug.  I am usually home when Zeej comes in from school and spend some time with her and Quayd.   We manage to squeeze in fun times most every day.

Quayd has been dying for me to go and see The Maze Runner with him.  I had put it off for weeks and it's about the leave the theater, so we had a little lunch date and movie afternoon this week after my presidency meeting.  He loved talking about the book and how different the movie was.  It's always fun to "play" with Quayd because our interests are so different.  He and his Dad do much better with things in common, like movies, outdoors, dreams...  But...Quayd and I always find things to talk about, even if it's just, movies, dating (or his determination not to right now) and food (which he is always interested in!)  I heart this manchild of mine!



Lately, Zee has been with Will a lot.  They do homework together, hang out at our home or his, tending his little brothers, or "hanging out" with their best friend, Chad.  They keep plenty busy, doing creative and fun things.  I'm enjoying this relationship, which, is apparently now "official" or "a fish", as we joke.  It's fun to see her so happy!  I'm seriously impressed with both Chad and Will, as friends or date.  Last night's date was Zeej doing stage makeup at the middle school for all the kids in some musical.  It started out as just Will's brother's make-up but ended up a ton of kids.  She was in makeup heaven! Tonight, it's movie night on a double date.  They do keep busy!

Chad, Will and Zeej in Chad's car apparently, because Zeej is in the front seat.  They are like the Three Muskateers.  And this photo really says it all..they do have fun together!  She sends me pix often of their fun and it always makes me smile!


Seriously, every time Will comes around, we like him more!  Seeing Zeej making great choices makes us happy! 

I manage to find time once or twice a week with "my ladies" for hand and foot, lunch with Denise, a coke run here and there with Carol and a movie some afternoons, even alone, all myself for the escape.  (Thanks go Movie Pass, I've now seen Greatest Showman twenty times in the past three months. It really is my escape!  And best of all, I've only paid to see it once!  I believe it's my modern-day Phantom of the Opera!)  I spend more time than I could count preparing for presidency meeting each week, visiting with sisters in the ward, listening and a lot of time praying and reading and studying.  I have never loved a calling as much as this.  It's 100% opportunity to love and serve and enjoy these wonderful ladies!  Who could not love that!?

Zeej is amazing help.  Quayd is awesome to do whatever he's asked.  He's working and spends a lot of time writing on his computer.  We all keep plenty busy.  Doug's calling is less demanding on the High Council than it was in the Bishopric, which gives him a more time for the family.  He and Quayd are pretty close.  I love watching him be such an awesome dad to both Quayd and Zeej.  It's just plain amazing to see his relationship grow with each of them every single day.

Our home is peaceful most of the time.  We are all pretty "chill" and get along well.  There's very little drama and it's beyond wonderful.  I would have to say that this really is a great time in my life, in spite of the challenges that we face.  But, that's what we are all here for, is to grow from those challenges, so we are doing our best!

Being that I've not mentioned the bigs much lately... Dale is loving living in Hawaii.  We miss him.  He continually invites us to visit, but that's not in the budget at the time.  Aylabelle also invites me almost daily to come to her house.  That is more affordable, but timewise, right now, not possible.  Liza and Buddy love their home in Arizona.  His job is going very well.  They love their ward,  The girls love library storytime, walks to their park and as the weather gets warmer, the pool.  I miss my girls and can't wait for a little R&R in AZ!   Kelly and I went to lunch last week and will again soon.  She seems happier and healthier than she has been in years.  We are glad for that.

So, life is good.  I don't slow down much and I love that!  Keeping busy makes me happy!  Being busy with other people makes me even happier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment