Friday, December 29, 2017

Merry, Merry Home!


Some shots of our home this Christmas 2017.  Only four trees this year.  Two in the same room!  Our Bishop was over discussing Relief Society.  We were at the table in our den.  He looked around and said, "You missed a spot!"  I've been teased about the two trees in there, but hey, Christmas only comes once a year!

The front room mantle is always my favorite!


Well, until I walk into the den.  I love the Christmas tree collection that I've built over the years.  Now, I am in search of the perfect Christmas Trees for Sale sign to go with for next year!


 This banister shelf makes me smile no matter what season it is!  You can't see them very well, but, there are two gold glittery trees that were my new tree additions this year!  Love them!


I was so excited last spring, when Doug and ZJ returned from St. George for Edie's baby blessing with two huge boxes from my mother.  This old ceramic handpainted tree was made by my step-dad, Bill's mother, lovingly referred to as Grandma Moors.  She made statues of Elvis and Christmas trees every year!  I now own two of the trees!  (I'll pass on Elvis.)  This one is almost two feet tall!  Love how it lights up!  BUT, Zeej was mortified!  "In what universe have we ever had a colored light in our home at Christmas?!  That has to go!"  (We are white light fans.)  She grew to love it through the month, but never as much as me!  As for the sign, Carol insisted that it was made for me because of the way that I countdown to Christmas!


In the entryway, this black shelf just pesters me.  I don't want to paint it but it's so dark and I sure wish I'd have bought the antique white one.  Until I get the courage to paint it, it will be my Christmas "Believe shelf", this year with lots of glittery goodies!


  The front room one morning at about 6:30 when I woke up and enjoyed a beautiful pink sunrise!


A close up of the tablescape, which gets a bit simpler each time.  I am actually going to not decorate it for the spring and summer months this year and try something new on it!


 This letter board is my new "toy".  I've been enjoying changing quotes every ten days or so.  It's interesting to see who actually reads them.  I'm planning on adding something snarky soon to see if they notice.


 The entry way.  You can see the second tree in the den, as well as the one in the entryway.  This glittery garland on the banister will not be going there next year. We swept up at least two cups of glitter in that few weeks!  It will be a mantle garland next year where it doesn't get touched.  This was actually the most glittery thing I've ever purchased.  Speaking of which, I went back to buy a third one this year on the morning that our Logan Taipan burned!  It caught fire in the office where there was a small refrigerator.  The store is now closed and will not reopen as Taipan.  They hope to open a small decor store in Logan but it will not be Taipan.  Sadness.


I love this corner cabinet and my fun red and white stripes and dots collection that is more fun every year!  This year, I added a few accents of black on each shelf!  This is our Happy Place, and a couple of Believe signs because "We BELIEVE!"


 This beautiful bouquet was delivered to me by our Stake Relief Society President, who happens to be Carol's sister.  I was overwhelmed with how beautiful they were!  They were the prettiest thing in our home for the past week and still look fabulous!


I've decided that since my shoulder injury, my holiday decorating is going to be scaled back.  I have already tossed and donated one bin and have another to take to Liza with decor from her childhood to do what she would like to do with it... it's mostly disney characters and teddy bears.  I hope that she will appreciate them.  She's asked for them, and that's just naturally Liza, to appreciate family treasures.

  ZJ did most of the decorating for me this year.  I've been so grateful for her help!  She's incredible!  She decorated all four trees and actually put most of the decor out where I told her to, other than the tablescape.  It still makes me wonder how it is that I can't stand all the "clutter" the minute that we are done opening gifts, but up until then, I'm all about it!  Merry, Merry!

2 comments:

  1. I love the ceramic tree made by my mom. I love the colored lights (the only ones in my house, too) as they remind me of my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ceramic tree made by my mom. I love the colored lights (the only ones in my house, too) as they remind me of my childhood

    ReplyDelete