Friday, December 29, 2017

In other news...

A few other December happenings...
  • Liza and Buddy are doing well.  Edie celebrated her first birthday and is walking everywhere.  She loves to facetime with Grammie and the minute she hears my voice, she lets everyone know that she wants a turn with the phone too.  I can't wait to see them all in Sunny Arizona soon!  I'd prefer it be here in snowy Utah, but that's not likely to happen... Liza loves her warmth and is not a winter person like her mother!
  • One day while Facetiming, Aylabelle told me, very frustrated, that there was no story time this whooooollllllle month because Mrs. Claus was going to be there.  She was not amused.  Mrs. Claus just wants to sing songs.  So, I said, "I'll read you a book."  Liza asked her if I would like her to do Story Time.  I said I would and she told me that this means THREE stories, three songs and a craft!  I had no idea!  So, a week letter, we had an appointment for Story time. 

    I read Aylabelle "The Mitten" in my most animated voice.  Then, "The Night Before Christmas" and then finally, my favorite Christmas book ever, I didn't read, but told my four year old version of along with the pictures of "The Littlest Angel".  We sang Jingle Bells, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas, then Jingle Bells again while shaking real bells.  Finally, we had our craft, which was cutting out mittens and making a banner of mittens with cottonballs glued onto the wrists of each mitten and threaded on yard.  Story time took us one full hour and at the end, we had a treat, which was Hersheys Kisses that I'd had Liza buy in advance.  I handed them to the camera and Liza took them from her side of her iPad and handed them to the girls.  This was Edie's first Hershey's Kiss and she loved it!


  • Aylabelle did a great job cutting out mittens for each person in her family and threaded the yarn too!  She's so dang sweet!

    ZJ looks so cute on her annual trip with the YM and YW to Salt Lake City to see the Temple Lights!  I missed the youth trip last year because I was in the hospital in St. George.  I missed it this year because I'm not a YW leader anymore.  Hmmm.

  • Here's another great shot of how I looked for the second half of December!  NO makeup except lips!  CRAZY, huh!?  Don't fall in December!  No bueno!
  • My heart is breaking.  Our whole ward's hearts are breaking.  Our wonderful friends and neighbors, Layne and Julie, have received the worst news.  Julie's breast cancer is back and with a vengeance.  Julie is my secretary in our Relief Society Presidency, as well.  She is my right arm in my calling.  There are no words for how much we love and adore this family.  Please, if you would, keep Julie Neilson in your prayers. Thank you.  And they are troopers!  Layne posted this awesome post on FB: Well here we go again...traditional selfie at the chemo party with my best friend! #cancersucks #wonderwoman #shesarockstar

  • This is a shot from our cultural hall on the night after my fall.  It was our Relief Society Christmas Dinner.  A beautiful night, in which I realized that I'm not the Homemaking Counselor anymore.  I can show up before it begins and everything is done just as lovely as I would have done it!  I have two amazing counselors who get the job done!  It was beautiful and delicious and I was mostly appreciative of the dimly lit room where everyone wouldn't ask me "WHAT HAPPENED!?"
  • Last but not least... Grace decided a few weeks ago that she would like to postpone her January wedding for a few more months.  It's not mine to share the details here on the blog, but I will say this much... Doug and I felt great relief and are praying that she continues to think this through.  She's grown up a lot this past six months, that's for certain.  Time will tell the rest of the story.  Enough said.
I'm certain that I'm leaving out a lot of our December events.  However, I have spent all evening working on this catch-up and I do have other things to do.  It's felt good to put things down again on the screen in front of me!  We are tremendously blessed each and every day. I'm so thankful for all the little miracles in my life that take place each and every day!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment