Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My heart

I've had issues continually with my internet for the past two weeks.  I'm hoping that it's been resolved, but this still leaves me with the issues of Typepad.  I have loved Typepad over the past ten years.  However, they have made changes in their formatting and publishing process.  The issues of the photo size is making me insane.  This is my journal.  I stopped scrapbooking when I knew that I had another avenue to use for journaling that included my photos.  Now, I get thumbnail size pictures and I've tried their new procedure for photos in each entry.  It's a several step process rather than the old three steps.  And then they are still small.  I'm more than frustrated.  I'm seriously thinking about other alternatives.  My goal is to make a decision before my bloggiversary in August.  As of today, I'm going to try posting my blogs on two locations to see if I can make the adjustment.  I really don't want to move, but I really don't like what I've got right now.  I'll share more later.

Mom called this morning and left a message that Boyd, her manfriend/partner of the past twenty years, is dying.  He's been on Hospice for the past month.  When she arrived at the assisted care residence this morning, she was told that he probably will not make it through the day.  We will attend his funeral, which will be in SLC, I'm assuming.  It will be strange to think of Mom without Boyd, especially for our kids.  This has been a rash of deaths in our family.  Grace said as we were driving her to the Stake Center for camp, "Enough with all this death and funerals already!"
The girls are going to YW Camp this week. Grace left today because she's a leader this year.  ZJ will go in the morning. It's going to be an insane rest of the week.





     Tuesday -  Tina's funeral.  Grace off to Camp, Doug's summer work party, Ward/Neighborhood Party, make a trip to Alan and Jill's for a few items from our camp trailer, which is living at their home now
Wednesday - Drop ZJ off at camp.  Take Quayd to work, Head to Idaho with Carol for one last trip
Thursday - Home from Idaho, Church Meeting,  Somewhere in the middle, prepare two lessons, clean house and catch up on laundry.
Friday - Float the Onieda Narrows with YSA ward, study both lessons some more
Saturday - Pick up the girls, Teach Strengthening the Family class, help Quayd prepare to leave for Aaronic Priesthood Training Camp (he'll be gone all next week), possible funeral for Boyd
Sunday - Doug will be sustained and set apart as Bishop Counselor in YSA ward, ZJ speaks in our Sacrament Meeting, I teach Relief Society in our Home Ward
As usual, when it rains, it pours!
 The girls and I attended our friend, Tina's funeral today.  Each of her six children and three of their spouses took five to seven minutes to share their thoughts about their mother.  It was a touching and beautiful tribute to Tina, who was such a remarkable woman.  I wept almost non-stop from the moment I walked into the chapel.  Tina was such an exemplary woman to all who knew her.  Her children, all grown, were so impressive as they shared the lessons learned from their wonderful mother.  She will be sorely missed.  It was just a beautiful service, filled with my own emotions, as well as emotions for their family.  
 
It was so good to see old friends and neighbors.  It was like coming home.  It was my first time back in the chapel since we moved.  I didn't even realize how much I missed it.  We sat with Stott and Wendy, which felt just right and normal.  Oh, my.  It was an emotional afternoon.  A real reminder of how blessed we were to live among such good people for so many years.  We have no regrets for making the move.  It was the right thing for our family at this time, we feel confident of that.  But, we love those people and miss them immensely.  There were lots of hugs and lots of selfish tears, as well.  I came home and bawled as I told Doug about a hug from friend, Trish, that just melted my heart and the kind words of friends, Kathy and Kim, that were so touching, I could not even repeat them. 
 
{{{{{deep sigh}}}}}  How blessed we are to have so many great people in our lives!
Life is good.  Busy.  Crazy.  Sometimes painful.  Most of the time joyful.  But, oh so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment