Saturday, November 11, 2017

no pix, just text

Just a little check-in.  Things are well at the Corbridge home.  We have all been involved and going in our own directions, which seems to happen more and more each day.  I'm a little saddened by the thought of Grace leaving us and seeing Quayd and Zee so involved in their own lives.  It's crazy to even imagine that Doug and I might actually be alone some day.  We love being parents, even on the rough days.

I am dying to get the Christmas bins out and begin decorating for the holidays but will try to hold out for next weekend.  I like to have it done before Thanksgiving so that I can enjoy the holiday weekend with the rest of the family, instead of feeling a need to get it out and up and stay on top of the mess.

Thanksgiving plans for us are quite simple.  It will be our last Thanksgiving together with just us.  My mom asked us to surprise her and show up but I told her that this year was already planned.  I uninvited Alan and Jill and their family, simply because I have so much other stuff on my plate this next two months.  We may have a few drop in YSA students, who's families are far away, for dinner, but we are keeping it quiet at the Corbridges.  No big plans for Black Friday shopping.  Just to build a fire, hunker down and enjoy the family...and hope for snow!  I'm ready! 

Grace will be leaving after dinner and having thanksgiving dinner again at Ben's family's home in Idaho.  Then she will be joining his family on a cruise for the next ten days, where she'll sleep with his mom and he'll sleep with his dad...my mother was very concerned about that detail.  Quayd's been working and staying with Jason in Ogden and hanging with a mission roommate when he is home.  So, if I can tackle Zeej down, we will decorate this weekend thennwatch lots of Christmas movies in December together.

Today is Zaylee's birthday!  She's nine.  We've not seen her for two months, so we hope to drop in and say hello to her for a second, after Doug gets home tonight.  She is happy in her new life and for that, we are thankful. 

I'm reeling in the fact that it's been almost a year for my new shoulder.  It's still nowhere near what I'd hoped for, but I'm functioning.  I shake my head at the thought that my life has been so completely changed because of an accident.  Craziness!

Between wedding talk, holidays, our callings and life, in general, I'm thankful for Doug's breaks at work because some days, that's the only conversations we have until, "I love you, goodnight."  Life is wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment