Monday, September 25, 2017

a day at a time... or a week at a time

Quayd went home with Liza last week.  He's been gone a week and I miss him terribly!  He'll be back for General Conference weekend, but it will be a long week without him!  He's having a great time with Liza's family and enjoying some time with one of his favorite mission companions, Dallin, who may or may not be talking Quayd into moving to Arizona too. (Say it isn't so!) (I'm not sure about all of my kids!  They love the heat! How can this be when their parents are such winter people!?)

Grace and Ben are going strong.  They spend every moment that they are not at work together.  He's a great fit for Grace.  They are inseparable.  This is getting serious!  (wink-wink)  We have enjoyed watching them grow together, closer every day.  Grace just walks around with a smile all the time.  It's fun to see her so happy.  Ben and Zeej dish it out to each other like they've been brother and sister for their whole lives.  Zeej really loves him.  He and Quayd are still getting to know each other but no complaints so far.  He's actually a good fit for our family, as well as for Grace.

ZJ was asked to Homecoming Dance by her friend, Chad.  There is not a day goes by that we don't hear some funny "Chad story".  Chad is a riot, according to Zeej.  Their day day included hiking, breakfast at Herms and bowling.  Their night date was at another of her good friend's home, where Will's little brothers dressed up and served them a formal dinner.  They had a ball!  I've been looking at the pictures and trying to wrap my head around the fact that she is dating and off to dances and such a beauty.  She is Zeej as always, hysterical and funny as can be, but always helpful and kind.  She's our baby and she is growing up way too fast!  It's strange to see them all becoming young adults, but, Zeej!!   We're not ready! YIKES!



Doug and I are keeping so busy.  Between his calling in the YSA High Council and my calling as Relief Society President, and the fact that Quayd and Grace attend a different Young Single Adult ward than Doug is assigned to, we are like ships that pass on Sundays.

Typical Sundays for us:
7:30 - 11:00 Doug has Stake Leadership Meetings and Ward meetings for his assigned Ward
9:00 I have Ward Council two Sundays a month
10:30 Grace and Quayd have their church meetings at the YSA
11:00-2:00 ZJ and I have our church meetings
2:15 I have Ward Correlation Meeting two Sundays a month
1:30-4:30 Doug has his church meetings
5:00-6:00 Doug comes home
7:00 Doug has Ward Prayer with his assigned ward
7:00 Grace, Quayd and Ben have ward prayer in their ward
8:30 We are usually all home!

Doug jokes that our Sundays, right now, are not a day of rest.  They are a day "different".  He's got that right! He teases that he has to go to work on Monday to get a break.

Speaking of Relief Society, I have to say, three weeks later, that this calling is quite surprising.  I have felt much support and love from the sisters in our ward.  They are wonderful.  It's crazy, the amount of time that this involves.  I have days that I spent five to ten hours managing things.  There's so much time spent on the phone and visiting.  But, the biggest surprise to me is that I have a love for these women, as though I have known them my entire life.  I truly, sincerely care about them and their lives, and I'm just barely meeting many of them for the first time.  I am enjoying the time getting to know them, I'm enjoying working with such awesome counselors and my secretary and our Bishop is amazing to work with.  So far, so good.  At least, I hope! 

I do love this ward!  It's incredible.  We moved two and a half years ago and our lives have changed so much since that move.  We would have never dreamed that life would have moved in so many different directions.  We love our home.  It's wonderful.  We love the neighborhood and the ward and it's members and the many new friends that we've made.  We love the opportunities that we have had to serve.  Really and truly... this move was our best ever.  It still feels fresh and new on many days and on others, it feels like we have been here forever because we are so comfortable and happy in our life.  We do know one thing for certain, our move to Logan was meant to be.  We have never been happier!

That's life for this week.  If I can blog weekly, these days, it's a miracle.  Life has never been so busy!  One would think that raising three little kids would have been busier, but not.  I do love our life.  Busyness, craziness and all, life is better than good!




No comments:

Post a Comment